Baltimore Babies
Options

Dr. Rojas Recommendation? Alternatives?

Hi all,

I'm new to the boards, and searched but didn't find any information on Dr. Francisco Rojas (ob/gyn). He was recommended by my pediatrician, and I wondered if any of you have experience with him? If not, do you recommend another practice?

Background: I have one DS, 14 months old, who was born at 33w6d due to PPROM and pre-ecclampsia. I had planned a home birth with a midwife, but obviously that couldn't happen. I ended up delivering at Mercy (we lived downtown and it was the closest hospital with the best NICU that our midwife recommended) with the midwives and 2 doctors + the NICU team (it was a crowded delivery room, to say the least).

I'm looking for an ob/gyn to see now that we're thinking about TTC our 2nd. I am considered high risk now due to the complications in my first pregnancy and my age (I'm 35). I want minimal intervention if the pregnancy proceeds normally, and I don't want to be bullied into an induction or into testing that isn't necessary. I went to Signature OB/GYN at first with my first pregnancy, but they were HORRID to me and I left the appt in tears. I won't go back. I've also heard bad things about L&D at HoCo General, so I'd prefer not to deliver there (we'd like to deliver at St Agnes, I think - we live in Columbia now, so Mercy is a hike with traffic if we have another NICU baby).