Baby Showers
Options

Bleh - Might Rain on my Shower

It's been incredibly hot here in So. Cal. 95 degrees today. However, to my surprise I just looked at the forecast and saw there's a 30% chance of showers on Sunday. My shower is outdoors at a park on Sunday. Sigh.

I don't exactly want to pray for it not to rain because of all the fires here, but there's no fires in my area, so could it perhaps just not rain on my town?

Anyone have tips for preparing for the day? My sister doesn't think it will do anything more than drizzle occasionally and is more upset that her paper-based decorations are now out than she is about anything else. It's only about $70 to rent a 10x10 tent, but of course she and my mom are co-hosting and while I floated the idea I did not insist upon it. (Note that my sis is reasonably well off so it's not like she can't afford it, and she's not cheap.) I was thinking of waiting until tomorrow to see if the forecast changes one way or the other.  

ETA: If it would be bratty to strongly encourage them to get a tent please let me know. I know I'm supposed to stay out of their way but I hate the idea of an actual shower ruining all of their preparations and food or possibly causing guests to leave early out of discomfort. The park doesn't really have a nearby covered area we can retreat to if it starts coming down. My sister offered to move it to a restaurant but she's splitting the bill with my mom (who is also well off but not nearly as much so as my sister) and my mom paid for the park deposit fee, so I don't want her to lose that, nor to pay more for a restaurant party. I had based my guest list off a casual park party; I never would've invited so many people if I'd known it'd be at a restaurant. I also suspect she already bought a lot of the food elements. 

BFP#1: 7/19/12 EDD: 03/15/2012 M/C: 7/28/12 - I love you always, Lily!
BFP #2: 10/28/12 EDD: 07/09/13
11/20/12 Heartbeat of 125 bpm!
01/04/13: Heard strong HB on doppler!
02/15/13: Team Pink!

BabyFruit Ticker