Baby Showers
Options

Thoughts on baby shower mishap?

Im having my shower in early June (35 weeks) and my best friend is throwing it at her home.  Im so grateful she offered!  

Originally, my sister had asked about a shower and I expressed to her that I didn't want one.  It was way too early to discuss a shower and I was hesitant to make any plans for anything before things were safe.  I lost the last baby in the 2nd trimester so I was feeling scared.  I simply told my sister (and aunt) that I didn't want a shower.  I admit - I did not tell them WHY.  Fast forward a few months, everything is good with this baby, no issues or problems and it's February. The shower topic comes up again with the sister and I say, yes I guess it would be nice.  She agrees to sort things out with my aunt.  

Come late April, I haven't heard anything about it and my aunt informs me that she has just been told that I now would like a shower.  Both sister and aunt wonder when all of this is going to happen or how they're going to plan, etc. There are invites to go out, this and that. I expressed some frustration because quite frankly, in February there was plenty of time to plan.  My sister has 2 grown kids (22 and 15), doesn't work and claimed to be very busy with all of her running around.  What??  Her inability to tell my aunt anything isn't my issue. The suggestion of having a shower after the baby comes was tossed out.  That didn't really bother me either.  

However, after discussing with my best friend a couple of nights later, it did occur to me that, yes, this IS something Id like BEFORE my child arrives.  She offered to host it at her home and take care of things.  I agreed, said it was fine since I didn't wish to deal with the drama from the sister any further.  So, its scheduled for early June (35 weeks).  My best friend had an invitee list from me within 24 hours and the invites went out the following morning.  She has 2 small children at home full time and was able to sort, plan and send invites in 24 hours.  

Im not bringing it up again to my family but for my own sanity, what do folks think?  I feel like my sister was a little out of line and should have planned in February, instead of making me feel like I should just forgo the shower or wait until the baby comes.