Adoption
Options

Intercountry adoption question & an intro

Hi ladies :) I'm a regular on the GP Nest Board, but I have some questions that I think would be better asked here.

Just a quick background- We tried to have children on our own, completed one IVF cycle, pregnant with twins. Lost one twin at 6 weeks and the other at 19w6d. We're now leaving the biological arena and moving forward with adoption.

We did find an agency local to us and began to save/fundraise and fill out paperwork for a domestic adoption. My husband and I spoke last night, and he expressed interest in seeking adoption abroad. I am a U.S. Citizen and he is not, and he would like to adopt from his home country. This sounds great, but I feel a bit...lost. His country does not have adoption agencies, we would have to hire a lawyer there to take care of the adoption for us.

Does anyone have experience with private intercountry adoptions?  I've contacted the ministry there for assistance in pursuing this, and I *think* I've found the U.S. required forms to begin with-- but I wonder if someone else can provide information to help me get our ducks in a row.

Thanks in advance! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml