Adoption
Options

Thankful

Well there is about a week to go before a baby will be born that may or may not be ours.  I am thankful that I have been super busy to keep my mind off of the what ifs, that we have not told anyone but the boards and my mom and that the agency we are working with has been so wonderful in keeping us informed even though the information they have been receiving has been very little and inconsistent.  I am thankful that our EM has a doctor appointment today and that the agency is suppose to be accompanying her to that appointment so that hopefully we will get some medical records.   I am thankful to an EM I have barely spoken to and I have never met, and yet she chose life for this baby and chose us to parent this child.  She is super concerned about privacy and I respect that, but hopefully if she signs the TPR we can together decide on a story for the baby and I am hoping it includes letting us tell this baby that there are sisters. I am thankful that my friend and her daughter that are staying with us from France are here visiting and I have been very much enjoying our time together and allowing me to watch through the eyes of a 9 year old who doesn't speak English the wonders of New York City and the American Girl Store.  I am thankful that I have been volunteering with the United Way and seeing first hand the wonderful work they do and that poverty is so much worse than I could have imagined with the information I have been given right in my own community.  

I am thankful for you ladies (and men) for providing me the support and inspiration to continue our journey to start a family.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart and please keep your fingers crossed for us over the next 10 days. Everyone reading this, have a beautiful day.

Failed Match - December 2012 wannabeparents.com