Parenting after 35
Options

Just found out on Monday night...

Well, here's the nuts and bolts of it.  I'm 42.  My husband of 6 months (9/17/12 anniversary) is 26.  I have an 18 year old daughter.  Yes, he's my second husband and yes he's 15.5 years younger than I am.  When we got married we thought we'd want to get pregnant ASAP if ever.  I told him I'd try until I turned 42 (in March), and then we'd stop.  We did a couple rounds of clomid with no pregnancy.  Well 42 came and went in March and we decided we wouldn't try as aggressively, but just give it until the end of the year to happen naturally.  It seems to have worked.  But I'll be honest, I was really OK with the idea of remaining just the 2 of us, especially since my 18 year old daughter is living with us and is a college student (and we're footing the bill).  Now that I'm pregnant, I'm terrified.  An infant?  In this small house with 3 adults?  This body having a baby after 19 years?  I was 23 the last time, now I'm 42.  That's a huge difference.  I was honestly more scared than excited when we found out on Monday night.  My husband is so excited.  He can hardly wait to be a dad.  I need to hitch a ride on his excitement, because right now all I can feel is scared.