Adoption
Options

God, is that you?

The craziest thing happened to me last week and I have to share it with someone!  Ive posted here a couple of times regarding my intent to become a foster parent but  finances and the possibility of relocation were holding me back.  Well, last Monday I received and accepted a local job offer making double my current salary.  My two biggest hurdles overcome.  However, thats not the crazy part!  The Thursday after accepting the job, I received a call from DCS.  Im an adolescent counselor and I make reports to them all the time so I thought nothing of it.  I called the lady back and proceeded to have this conversation keep in mind NO ONE knows about my interest in foster care:

Lady: Im in the process of updating our contact list and I realized you hadnt been contacted yet.  I just wanted to give you a call and check in on your interest.

Me:  My interest?  In what?  Are you calling about a specific client?

Lady:  Client?  No.  Im calling about your interest in foster care.  I saw that you hadnt been contacted about it yet.  I dont know when your name was placed on our list but Im very sorry you havent been contacted yet.  Are you still interested?

Holy crap are you kidding me?!  Apparently this list contains people who have contacted them to get dates for orientations or for more information.  Neither of which I have done.  No one knows how my name got on the list but theyre going to have the director contact me with more information.  So Im taking this as my sign.  Im hoping to get the process started in the next month or two after Ive adjusted to the new job :