Adoption
Options

Seems so unreal... Paper pregnant?

We submitted the last bits of paper that have taken us months and months to pull together.  We turned in all of the signed and sealed up docs on Friday, and we were told.... that's it, now you just wait for your log-in date to come back.

That's it... now we just wait... there is nothing more to do.  It's feels so surreal.  

We have put off any celebrating throughout the process, have waited to tell most friends and family, and have not spent any time in the moments, yet.  After the initial excitement when we discovered that a healthy IA from China was the next step for our family, we just immersed ourselves in the work of it.  Now, as we wait for that magic LID to come back, we are almost unsure how to feel.

What a weird phase this is.  We are continuing our research and looking at the what-comes-next tips of actually having a little one around, even though we have years to wait. We are planning out the spaces for our little one, and a room of her own.  We are looking into the paths that God might lead us to find our other future children.  We are planning a photo session for the two of us, and cute ways we might announce the growth of our family (I hope you don't mind if I borrow some of your lovely ideas from your blogs I have seen). We have kept so private about everything so far, and now it is time to share our excitement and celebrate.

I know I am not alone during this time of waiting and the shifts of emotions, but I guess now that the business of paperwork is done, I am finally feeling how real everything is and trying to find my footing for what comes next.  I lurk often, but didn't post as much while I was focused on the tasks, but thank you so much for allowing me to share this happy news! :)

TTC for 5 years, with 2 failed IUIs. Excited to grow our family through international adoption!
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Be JOYFUL in HOPE, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. ~Romans 12:12