Adoption
Options

Vent: waiting

I just need to vent for a minute.  Thanks for listening.

DH and I decided to pursue international adoption shortly after the birth of our third daughter.  We researched and researched and decided that Ghana looked like the program for us.  We applied, got approved, and began the paper chase to adopt a little boy (I joked with DH that, after 3 girls, if he wanted a son, he might want to go about it the "guaranteed" route and adopt one.) between the ages of birth through 3 years old.

Our paperwork phase and homestudy went great, super smooth with only very minor delays.  Our completed dossier was submitted in-country at the end of March 2012. 

Here's where my vent comes in.  Since then we have done, literally, NOTHING!  We're just sitting on our hands and watching the time pass.  I am SO very frustrated and disheartened right now.  And knowing that even when/if we do get a referral it will be another 3 months before we get to meet our son (Ghana imposes a waiting limit) and probably another 3-4 months beyond that to bring him home doesn't help.  I feel like we're stuck.  We can't move forward with our lives because we're waiting.  We can't consider job changes or moving (our area is very economically depressed) because we're waiting and we don't want to slow things down.  Our daughters keep asking us when brother is going to get here, and I have NO answer.  I had envisioned being able to celebrate last Christmas with our son, now I'm wondering whether we'll even know who he is by this Christmas!  It's been over a year of doing nothing, and I'm losing steam.  I know these things take time, but I'm not really sure how much longer I can sit in limbo and wait.  Just so very discouraged today.

Thanks for listening.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers >Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers