3rd Trimester

Decreased Discharge? (also posted in July '13)

Ever since i can remember i have had a heavy amount of discharge, Doctors told me it was just my "normal" and when i got pregnant this time around it was the same old story and then some. But all of a sudden its like there is none to very little, which concerns me since i was just in L&D 2 days ago with contractions.

My aftercare instructions listed that i call my OB's office for any number of reasons, one of them being "Change in the type or amount of discharge". Now i am sure they mean more along the lines of increased discharge, or watery (fear of broken water) but i still rang up my OB's office because i was told to.

The nurse on the line asked a couple of questions, mainly am i having any bleeding, which i am not. Then she asked when my next appointment was, its on Monday (only 4 days away). So she told me to just bring it up to the Dr. when i come in for that appointment.

Honestly i wasn't REALLY worried about my lack of discharge, just thought it was odd and considering the fact it happened RIGHT after my stint in L&D i just wanted a little peace of mind for now.

Anyway, after my long rant i am just curious if anyone else has experienced this phenomenon? I was always under the impression that in my 3rd trimester the discharge is supposed to increase, not decrease.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml