Food & Nutrition
Options

Paleo/Clean eating People - Food Ideas (long/rambling)

We've been eating a sort of paleo/clean way off/on since last spring. It started with us seeking to eliminate soy/soybean oil/HFCS/etc from our diets which eliminated all processed foods and went from there. We still eat yogurt/cheese, but no milk because H/I don't like it and LO still nurses. I occasionally eat oatmeal and rice. And from time to time we do eat "bad" and have pizza or FF. Try to limit that to 1x a month if that often.

Anyhow, LO has been a great eater until recently. He's been getting picky, refusing to eat a lot of vegetables that he used to love. And mainly been eating meat and fruit, although he does like these paleo pumpkin muffins I make. His growth is fine, but for the past week he has been waking earlier than normal (1-1.5hrs) and asking to eat first thing. But when I offer him food he really doesn't woof it down so I'm wondering if we're in a food rut?

He isn't eating well some days at daycare since they do lunch at 12, then nap and he won't eat well when tired. Since he's been waking up early he's exhausted by lunch time. Luckily daycare is very accommodating of foods and we send all his meals/snacks.

So given all that, I need some breakfast/morning snack ideas. He will eat bacon, but not eggs (he used to love eggs Sad). He refuses oatmeal every time I've offered it. Once in a while he;ll eat yogurt or cheese but not always. He basically eats a banana and bacon for breakfast every day, along with nursing.  Do you ever worry if LO is getting enough to eat? Like total calories.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers