Pregnant after IF
Options

Collin is here!

I wrote a birth story for my FB group I belong to, so I decided I could share it here as well. For the quick run down, he was born March 27th & 7:27PM weighing 7lbs15oz & 20" long.

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

Collin?s Birth Story

Because of my gestational diabetes, my Dr strongly recommended induction. I went into the hospital on March 26th in the AM to start the process. They said I was 1 cm dilated & 50% effaced at that point. They inserted the Cervadil & it remained in place for 10ish hours. During that time, my dog got to visit me in the hospital to keep me company. This was a 1st for L&D at my hospital! Once I was fully effaced, they began a very low dose of Pitocin which started around 9:00PM. I was up all night with minor contractions. The Dr came to check me the next morning & broke my water around 10:ooAM. By this time, the Pitocin was at a much higher level & the contractions became super intense & very close together. They said when I was 4 cm dilated, it would then take approximately 1hr per cm to get me fully dilated. The contractions were so strong that I knew there was no way I could make it without intervention for the next 6ish hours of contractions & then pushing. I decided to get an epidural when I was 4cm. This was the best decision I could have made. I still felt the contractions as a pushing sensation, but I was able to actually relax just enough that I could concentrate on getting through them. I had also developed preeclampsia, so I was given magnesium & had to keep that in until 24 hours after baby?s birth.  

At this point I fully dilated & began to push at 3:30PM. The pushing went well & continued for a couple of hours. I was beginning to get exhausted (I had been up basically a day and a half at this point) but continued pushing.  At this point, he was very low in the birth canal. My Dr decided to do an episiotomy because of his head size (I did not know she was going to do this, but I felt when she cut me. It was so painful). My Dr then asked me if she could use the vacuum for assistance. I said yes & she tried 5 times with it & was unsuccessful with getting him out. She did 1 more episiotomy which I also felt (I am now terrified of scissors near me. Lol). I also got a 3rd degree tear as well. Finally at 7:27PM on March 27th after  4 full hours of pushing, Collin William was born! He weighed 7lbs15oz & was 20? long. I cannot remember the name of the head position he was in, but he was head down, he was just basically turned to the side & face slightly up. My Dr said 95% of people would have not been able to push the baby out this way & would have had to gone in for a c-section after all that. I am very grateful that I was finally able to push him out. My husband was an amazing Coach & birthing partner. I could not have asked for anyone better in there. He was holding up my legs the whole time, giving me ice chips, & giving me cold compresses all the time & it helped immensely.  We are truly blessed to have him home with us. I am just trying to work on the recovery as it has been a very painful process.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml