3rd Trimester

My "two cents" on buying a hospital gown

I read a post..I think last night..about buying and bringing your own gown to the hospital and people had some snotty responses to the op....I think the biggest response had to do with "it's not a fashion show, you can put normal clothes on after labor" or "it will get bloody and yucky anyways"..I just wanted to share that I bought one for DD1 just because I thought it was cute and didn't think much about when id be wearing it - during labor, after, who knows - i just wanted it.  Turns out I was so happy I did order it.  I had a c section that wasn't planned and how I felt after was absolutely miserable and not expected..I knew I'd feel crappy after birth..but not like I was run over by a truck, not able to shower, walk, or move.  So I wasn't able to just put on comfy clothes after and for that reason I was so thankful I had that pretty gown to put on and be a little more covered and felt somewhat girly while I had visitors.  It stayed in perfect condition and I was happy to dig it out the other day to put in my bag!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml