3rd Trimester

Anyone else dealing with a toddler acting out? HELP!

Hey mamas, obviously I know I'm not the only one going through this. Any mom with a toddler has been through the terrible 2's that seem to carry on later or start earlier. In the last month or so, as we've starting slowly talking a bit more about the new baby, my son has become an absolute terror! He turned 2 in January and I've tried every approach I can with him, but it always ends with him throwing himself or some object on the floor simply from my telling him "no". I've tried face to face contact and explaining that he needs to listen to mom and dad, and if he doesn't, that he will have 2 minutes in time out to calm down. He knows what time out is and it seems to make it worse sometimes. A lot of times, I end up sitting on the floor crying, because I feel like I could be doing something differently and I start doubting my abilities to be a good parent. Any kind advice or even words of comfort would be super helpful right now. I just worry how it's going to be when we bring home our daughter in 6 weeks and how I'm going to keep from having a mommy meltdown!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml