3rd Trimester

XP :: WWYD? Dying relative 1h30 away...

Here's the back story...

SO lost his paternal grand-mother one year ago tomorrow... It was a very hard time, they were very close and he barely made it to the hospital to see her.

This past week, we have learned that his 84 y-o maternal grand-mother is in the hospital, with a heart condition, AND cancer. She might not make it through the needed operation for a pacemaker and she refuses cancer treatments. She IS 84, and I can only imagine how overwhelmed and tired she might be.

The hospital she is at (and will stay at until the end) is an hour and a half from our hospital. They have a L&D division there and they could monitor me or admit me for delivery, but my worry is on our way to and from that hospital... 

I am 38 weeks and 3 days, will be around 39 weeks when he goes to see her, and he wants me to be there with him. There is nothing I want more than to support him and see her at least this one more time before baby comes, but I'm wondering what you would do in my position...

I do have an OB appointment tomorrow and I will ask her if it's reasonable given our circumstances... 

What would you do? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml