August 2013 Moms

Negotiating cost of 2nd hand crib

I found a crib I liked on CL, retail is 260 and I found a seller asking 120. We have arranged to meet tomorrow and tonight she texted me saying she found a nick on the top of the side rail, asking if I were still interested. It already had another one I was going to cover with a teething guard but this one is more obvious...not huge but a little bigger than a pencil eraser.

I asked her if she would be willing to negotiate on the price in light of the fact i would have to look for baby safe touch up paint and put in labor into fixing it... She said 5 dollars making the crib 115. She also said she already lowered what she was asking originally and didn't want to take any less.

I'm fairly certain I am her only bite, and am put off by the 5 dollar discount when it won't even cover the cost of paint most likely.

We can definitely afford a new crib but I was trying to buy used wherever it made sense. Does this still make sense?

Also.. MIL and FIL have always bought SIL's kids' cribs, whatever she chose, and consider it their job. DH and I make really good money and FIL is recently retired. I am not sure they'll be disappointed or relieved if we get our own and certainly don't want to ask. WWYD in light of all this?
Wedding Countdown Ticker