August 2013 Moms

No compassion..Need your opinion

Okay so lately as far as work goes, I've had some concerns about how my boss doesn't show any compassion to my current situation. (Being pregnant) First of all, I am babysitter/nanny that has been with this family for about 4 years. I take good care of them...never have I called in sick once. I constantly am told what a great job I do and how they couldn't live without me because of how hard I work. I also do the laundry, dishes, errands, take their vehicles in for service...etc etc. Everything.

So ever since being pregnant I feel like the family lacks the kind of care I would expect in return.. for example.. There was one point that I was having a rough week with m/s and really didn't think I'd be able to take the kids to a function they had planned for that Friday so I asked my boss..."hey I am not feeling too well if I don't feel well on Friday to take the kids what am I supposed to do?" She replies with, "Well then that's not fair to my kids" I honestly feel like if I were to ever need a sick day, I wouldn't get it because they depend on me so much and they don't have a back up. So yesterday I show up for work and there are a bunch of painters painting in her house. Okay... last time I checked, pregnant women shouldn't really expose themselves to paint fumes. So I message her telling her I feel uncomfortable and I don't want to upset her but I would like to leave in a while if possible.. she told me I could leave then. I don't know if she was upset about it or not, haven't seen her yet. Anyway I guess my question is, I do such a great job taking care of her family and the minute I need a little bit of compassion, I don't feel like I get it. I guess it bothers me that she knew there would be painters there, had me come to work and didn't think twice about me being pregnant....or even warn me about it?  I constantly have to hear how she was superwoman during her pregnancy... She wants me to take the summer off because she doesn't think I will be able to take her kids to the beach, waterpark or wherever... I really didn't have a choice to work the summer or not. I just feel sometimes I give and give when I have never asked for anything. Now that I am pregnant, it would be nice if I had a little understanding about some things.

So there are several other issues that are part of this job such as the way she is as a person, the way she treats people, the way she speaks about others etc that bother me. I try to keep to myself but I am realizing more and more that its the kind of person she is and I don't want to really have her in my life anymore. My husband thinks its a job, I need to treat it as one, suck it up and deal. I make good money but at the same time I feel like i am more stressed about her than the money is even worth. Should I expect her to show she cares? Do any of your bosses show they care while you are pregnant? Sorry this is so long!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml