August 2013 Moms

Obstacle Race @ 20 weeks?

Hi Ladies ~ I posted this over in the "Health & Exercise" board too but I also wanted to see what you guys thought about completing an obstacle race (5k) while pregnant....

I signed up for one in April before I found out I was pregnant and now I'm debating about whether or not I should complete it.... I have still been pretty active through my pregnancy so far (crossfit 3-4 times a week) and I feel like I should be able to complete it without a problem, but since I'm a FTM, I just wanted to see if any of you had experience with races like this in the past. I will be just at the end of my 20th week on race day.

From what I've read, the obstacles wont be anything too crazy because its more of a "fitness challenge" than a race like the tough mudder or spartan sprint, but there will probably be walls to climb, possibly tire flips, pushing wheelbarrows of bricks for a distance, etc. And of course I would just take it slow and skip any obstacles that may be too much for me to handle...

If anyone wants to check out the specifics, the website is - http://www.fitathlonchallenge.com/

Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated!!

BabyFruit Ticker