August 2013 Moms

Would you complain?

Let me preface this by saying that I don't expect ultrasound technicians to be extra sensitive to pregnant women and that I know it's their job so it's nothing special to them anymore.

Yesterday we had our 20w anatomy scan. It's also our last ultrasound scheduled unless something unusual happens. The ultrasound started off really tense when my husband stood at the end of the bed to get a better look at the techs screen. There was no seating in this room for him or my MIL. The tech didn't seem to like this and stated he needed to stay on my side of the bed, that he didn't like people hanging off his back and that he had very important work to do that involved my babies health. My husband was at least 6ft back, but he listened. Then our tiny screen wasn't turned on, so my husband asked if it could be turned on. He seemed flustered at this point, but turned our screen on.

At my last ultrasound I must of been spoiled. She walked me through everything, saying what she was zoomed in on and was just generally very nice and professional. With this tech, I had to ask what he was looking at constantly. I understand he isn't able to give any diagnoses or results, but he was just not friendly.

When it came down to the gender, baby flipped head down, rear facing. Supposedly the worst position for a good view. Again, I know it's not ever 100 but his response was confusing. He said "You can't tell but from what I think I see, I believe it's a girl". He didn't attempt to let me get up again or try other moves to attempt to get her to move around like my other tech did. When asked, he said it could just make it worse!

We also asked for pictures to be printed but he shot us down by saying that they were garbage and I didn't need them. I also asked for other pics like her foot, hand etc but he gave us 6 shots on disc of her brain/eye lense etc. No others. I'm kind of disappointed by that.

I'm normally not one to complain, but would anyone else be upset by this? Am I just being a hormonal preggo??

Would it be overkill for me to get another scan done just to confirm gender in hopes baby cooperates better?