August 2013 Moms

Anyone travel to Mexico recently? Med recs for pregnant women and toddlers?

I called my Pedi just to check in and see if there were any recommended immunizations prior to traveling to Mexico for my daughter (since her 3 yr appt isn't until July).  They gave me the numbe for the international travel clinic who I have called before.  Well apparently now my insurance doesn't cover it and they want $50 for each person just to consult/make recommendations and then any recommended immunations I would have to pay for 100% out of pocket, but I have no idea what the cost would be since I don't know which ones they recommend. 

I told my OB I was going and she didn't seem to be concerned or make any recommendations at all (I just told her of course that I would be extra careful with water and fruit and things like that) - she just joked that she wanted to come with me. 

Anyway, should I just pay the money and do it, or am I being overly cautious? We are staying at a nice resort in Cabo and don't plan on going anywhere off the beaten path - we will have DD with us and our friends will have their three kiddos.   We generally travel to Mexico every year.I have been once previously while I was pregnant with DD and all they had me do was come in and get the swine flu vaccine and to make sure I had the disolvable powder for any dehydration issues.  DD went with us when she was 11 months and I don't recall any recommendations from her Pedi that time.  Thoughts?