Phoenix Babies
Options

Looking for a new OB and hospital w/ NICU

Hi there!  My husband, son and I are moving to Gilbert from Tucson at the end of March.  I'm looking for a new OB who has privileges at the hospital we deliver at.  

I delivered my son 6 weeks early due to a rupture in my membranes and had to be induced.  In turn, he spent nearly 4 agonizing (for my husband and me) weeks in the NICU.  Luckily and gratefully, the NICU at the hospital we delivered at was amazing!  Our son's room was large and private, the NICU also had 2 sleeping rooms with a private bath for parents to stay in overnight.  We stayed in those rooms for 3/4 of the time our son was there.  The staff was very accommodating and attentive to us and our son.  They encouraged us to spend as much time with him as possible.  If we do have another NICU experience, we want to have as much access to our child as possible.  Side note:  my sister aslo had a NICU baby in the PHX area and was only allowed visitation for 15 minutes every 3 hours.

Though I don't anticipate another early delivery, it is something we would like to be prepared for.  I am turning 34 this month, so I believe my age as well as preterm labor qualify me for a high risk pregnancy.  We would like to find an OB and hospital that we like as much as our Tucson doc/hospital in the Gilbert/Chandler/Phoenix area.  It is a very important decision for us.  Any information would be much appreciated!