Connecticut Babies
Options

Opinions on Stamford Public Schools- please share

Hi! I'm new here and hopefully will officially "belong" here later this summer when we move to North Stamford and (fingers crossed), I'm pregnant. That said, I'm hoping you all might be able to help me out with some school advice/opinions.

Most likely, we'll be moving to North Stamford later this Summer.  My mother-in-law is fairly concerned about the local public schools' ratings on GreatSchools. I am really much less concerned, but to appease her worries, I thought I'd ask around to see if any of you have any direct experience with the public schools in Stamford, specifically Northeast Elementary and Turn of River middle school.

I'd really appreciate your feedback on the schools, positive or negative. I just feel like my MIL is talking to her friends who sent their kids to private schools over 20 years ago because the public schools weren't that good back then. GreatSchools rates Northeast a 5 out of 10, but, I really feel like a lot of this has to do with the fact that Stamford is a city and so you have a diverse population attending the school (something we want) and you may have non-native English speakers which might lower test scores. etc. What do you think? Thanks in advance!