August 2013 Moms

Delivery room

My husband and I are in a small dilemma. Ever since I was young I knew that I wanted (more like needed) my mom to be in the delivery room with me when I had my babies. So when I found out I was pregnant I was so excited to finally have this plan come into fruition. I briefly discussed it with my husband in the beginning about what I wanted and he seemed to be fine with it. So, I asked my mother to be there when the time comes. Now he is upset because now he doesn't want her there. He feels as though the moment would be ruined for the two of us if she was there. HUH?!!! I was devastated. 

We talked yesterday and I told him that if it meant that much to him I was willing to give it up and tell my mom that it's going to be just the two of us in there. While still feeling like my precious happy bubble was being busted. The more I think about it the more I can't stand the thought of her not being there. Aside from my husband she is the most important person in my life. My dad died when I was 10yo so my relationship with my mom is even stronger because of that.

All the opinions I have gotten have been telling me that he is just going to have to get over it. That I'm the one that is going to be going through all the pain and deserve to have her there if I need it. A huge part of me agrees but I don't want to hurt my husband. I will say that even though having a baby will be amazing no matter what, a certain part of it would not be as special without her there.

Feedback?