Alabama Babies
Options

Husband fired for using 3 vacation days in one week to help with newborn

Just needing to vent ladies.....We had our 2nd child January 15th and my husband used 3 vacation days that week with no problem. He worked the following week and all of Feb with lots of overtime work until last week (the last week of Feb). I believe I have been suffering from postpartum depression and he helped take care of our son a few nights which caused him to get little or no sleep so that I could rest. Each morning (3 total) he let his boss and other employees know that he was using vacation time and would not be in.

He is a supervisor and makes sure that each Friday everyone knows what jobs are to be completed for the next week. If by chance something would have came up that needed his immediate attention he would have went in if it was absolutely necessary. He worked Wed with nothing said about missing Mon & Tue, he missed Thur and went in Friday. One of his bosses jumped his case that morning about not coming in and then nothing else was said until he was called to HR that afternoon and was terminated for "lack of leadership" and "they are going in a different direction".

My husband is a good hard worker, he had been employed at his location for 6 years and was moved into the supervisor position over 2 years ago. He's hasn't received any write ups and has received several certificates for great work done. He works thru lunch almost everyday but yet still gets the time deducted with no complaint. He works from home and even has to go in late at night if fiber gets cut or a network goes down that needs to be fixed before the next morning.

About 6 months ago an employee under my husband was put in jail for not paying child support and did not contact my husband or anyone else for days. Once the guy did my husbands boss started working on getting the guy out on work release. This took some time and the guy wasn't able to start work release until after spending about 3 weeks in jail. I do not understand how that guy gets to keep his job,but my husband gets terminated, not demoted, not put on probation, not set down to discuss options just You're done. I am beyond pissed

Sorry so long