August 2013 Moms

Really annoying parenting advice from a in law.......make it stop!!!

I have an in-law and I dislike a lot of her parenting. Her children are extremely under weight for there ages. (An 8 month old should not be in newborn clothes.) She exclusively breast fed her babies, even when the doctors told her that it was not enough. She refused to give them formula or food in addition to breast milk. She's giving me advice on breast feeding, which I'm planning on trying to breast feed and may use formula some as well because I know sometimes my levels of certain things are low. Another thing she is a stay at home mom, which is not an option for me. (Technically, they can't afford it either. ) She's telling me oh don't use bottles and pacifiers. Okay my child is being left in someone else's care. There is no other choice. Breast milk can come from bottles too. That's why they have pumps! She's also advising to use cloth diapers. Again, my child will be in someone else's care. She just started using them herself. Anyways, I had to rant. I'm going to do why I feel is best for my child. As long as my child is developing like they should and healthy, I see no problem in my parenting. I'm a first time mother. I've been around kids and babies all my life. The only difference now is this is 24/7 and there's breast feeding coming from me involved. I'm to the point of just ignoring her because I'm doing what I feel is best for my child which is what any parent will do. Anyone else in this boat?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml