August 2013 Moms

NBR - Help family out...

I'm trying to make a decision and just thought I'd get a few outside opinions.

My DH's cousin (lives halfway across the US from us) asked him if it was possible at all to come 'start over' in AZ. She's in her 20s, has had some drug problems, and is trying to stay clean, but finding it hard in the small town she lives in. DH said he'd talk to me. He told me either way, he's ok, he doesn't want me to feel pressured. He had drug problems when he was in his early 20s (15+ yrs ago), and knows what's she's going through so of course wants to help his family.

Some things I'm considering... I'm almost 15 weeks, and we haven't told anyone in the extended family yet. DH mentioned this fact. Also, we have 4 bedrooms (3 kids), and neither of us are keen on taking a kid away from their own room, and I'm not sure how I feel about someone bunking on my couch for ??? dunno how long. There WOULD be rules (strict ones, from my DH) if she lived with us, but also, it would be another mouth to feed (at least initially), and someone who wants me to run them around.. I'm in grad school fulltime online and only work very parttime, so much of the time, she'd be with me. I also think about her slipping back into drugs, (although she knows NO ONE here but DH and I), and the fact that we have 2 teens, a 7 yr old and a baby on the way.

Any opinions? I'm trying to spend a few days considering it as I know if it was MY family, I would want DH to strongly think about it. Just not sure where I stand. TIA!