August 2013 Moms

Help with choosing exersaucer/playmat

Hey Ladies,

This may be a ridiculous question..but as a first time mom I want to make sure I'm not wasting money or buying things incorrectly.

I am starting my registry online today (bored at work) so slowly starting to look at things, read reviews etc.

I've picked an exersaucer and playmat that I like a lot, both are Baby Einstein, both Neptune (it's like all sea creatures and stuff, very cute). So they're the same types of toys on both items. Does that make sense to do that, or should I be getting two different styles? My understanding is that the playmat will be for the first up to 4 months or so, and the exersaucer after that right? So since I like both of these, I think it's probably ok that they're very similar. But... with that being said, I don't want to buy two of basically the same thing.

Thoughts on this? I'm not asking about whether to get both the exersaucer and the playmat, I'm getting both regardless.. basically I just want to know if it's a silly idea to get both being very similar toys on them. ?

BabyFruit Ticker