Columbus Babies
Options

New and Needs Breast Pump Advice!

Hi Everyone! I am new to posting here!  My husband and I got married in September over Labor Day weekend.  We wanted to start a family years ago but felt that being married first was the right way to go.  We got pregnant after the first month (so exciting) and out little boy is due June 28th. Making me 24 weeks on Friday!

I am in need of some help if anyone can give me some insight, please!?

Does anyone have Pros/Cons about the Medela vs Ameda Purely Yours breast pump?  My insurance will cover both of these.  Unfortunately the Medelas are out of stock but I want to have a decision made on which one to choose when I call just in case I can get waitlisted. Ive been trying to read up on the comparisons but most aren't really helpful.

I will be going back to work after lil one is born and unfortunately my office shares a bathroom with the other offices on our floor. I really won't have a lot of privacy unless I lock myself in one of our small conference rooms or my office (both of which are next to other people's offices.) We do have our own kitchen which is nice for cleanup. I know one is a 'closed-system' and one is an 'open-system', but im not quite sure of the real difference in that as well.

I'm worried about having to clean the pump after using it, how long it will take to pump and clean, worrying about messing up my clothes, the loudness of the pump itself.

HELP PLEASE AND THANKS!!!