3rd Trimester

does anyone else hate cribs right now?

Every day I spend several hours researching and pricing things we still need for the baby (read: EVERYTHING!). So far I have found our new baby-mobile, and figured out the clothing and diaper situation. But when it comes to baby furniture I just don't know what to do. Everything seems to be made of MDF (medium density fiberboard) which I refuse to allow into my home, no matter how "designer" it might be. And the items that are actually hardwood or some other interesting material are stupidly expensive.

Frugal by nature, I am only making one silly-expensive purchase and that is on the stroller (Orbitbaby G2), because my SO really wants it and he makes the $ so he gets what he wants.

I am at my wits' end with nursery shopping. Has anyone gone antique or vintage with their nursery? I'm thinking of hitting thrift stores and antique stores to find some mid-century modern pieces, and a cool old wrought iron crib that converts to a daybed... I grew up in a home filled with antiques and I never destroyed anything, plus it taught me to appreciate craftsmanship and design. 

Ideas?? I am about to throw my hands up in despair!!