August 2013 Moms

HELP! Telling the Boss/Maternity Leave Panic.

I'm panicking. I know it's just a job... but my husband is self-employed and it hasn't been going well for him lately, so I am really worried about money. 

I'm so afraid to tell my boss and his wife. I know she will be supportive, but they are both in their 60's and SUPER old fashioned. He's told me before that a man should be working and a woman should be taking care of children.

The girl before me had two children, elementary/primary ages, and he still brings up the fact that she had to leave all the time because of her kids. And I'm having a freakin' newborn?! He freaks out when people miss days, so I'm sure he's not happy with me this week, especially having a 14 week check up AND a funeral to go to (tough noogies!) 

Don't get me wrong, I could give two craps if my employer is upset with me being pregnant because I am THRILLED! .. but it's scary to think of financially, losing my job. I know I can find something else, but I'm still panicking. 

Also, I should decide before I tell them what my maternity leave plans are. Not to mention.. because they are a small company they are not required under the FMLA laws. ALSO! I will have been here a year and a half when I am due.. and I get ONE WEEK PAID VACATION, NO SICK DAYS UNTIL 2 YEARS OF EMPLOYMENT. WTH do I do?!

BabyFruit Ticker