August 2013 Moms

hospital tour and great weekend!

we did our hospital tour yesterday and I'm in love ( maybe a little early but they include it with the birth class so I'll do it again later).  it's a half hour away but worth it.  there are only 12 labor/delivery rooms and since it's a new location for the hospital they are beautiful.  the bathroom is nicer than mine at home and most hotels I've been in.  the couch pulls out into a bed for dad.  you are in the same room for labor/delivery/and after baby is born before being taken to a mother baby suite.  they immediately place the baby on your chest after it's born and only take them away for the bath, weighing ect. when you are ready as long as there are no complications.  they encourage rooming in and even though they were busy that day there weren't any babies in the nursery since they only take them there if mom is too tired or if there are complications.  they also are natural birth friendly if I choose to go that route and have great security.  an alarm goes off if you get too close to an exit door with  the baby.  I'm feeling very confident now and almost got teary eyed during the tour thinking "this is where I'll become a mom"

also with a policy change at work this year I can use my sick time for maternity leave and since I'm hardly ever sick, have been there for 5+ years and sick time rolls over I have more than 100 hours to use plus what I'll accrue until then.  I also get three weeks vacation, 4 weeks STD, and one week holiday pay so I may get almost the full 12 weeks off paid.  

also feel free to share your good news! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml