3rd Trimester

WWYD?

I have another growth u/s and BPP tomorrow. My baby has been measuring huge. I have GD and I'm on insulin. My first DS was 8#15.5oz. I did deliver him vaginally, but he was stuck, shoulder dystocia. It was very scary, and they almost broke his clavicle to get him out. He was fine, had an xray to rule out any damage from the delivery. However, things could have been much much worse. It can cause a fracture, permanent damage, or worst case if they can't get the baby out, oxygen deprivation. Not to mention my recovery from the delivery was pretty painful as I ended up with a large episiotomy.

This baby was measuring 7#3oz at 35 weeks. My doctor said if baby is measuring over 9# we will have to discuss our options. He said given my history, we may want to opt for a c-section because my pelvis may be too small to deliver a baby over 9#. We won't know until we get there. Obviously I'd like to avoid a c-section, and I know ultrasounds can be off. Would you risk it? Or opt for the c-section is baby starts getting too big.

I know this is a hot topic around here, and I understand growth u/s are not always accurate, but given my previous delivery, WWYD?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml