3rd Trimester

AFI of 23cm and a big baby!

Hey Ladies,

I just had an ultrasound yesterday with the peri doc and my amniotic fluid level is 23 cm.  Baby is measuring at 37 weeks (I'm 34 weeks 1 day) @ 6lbs 8oz with a big head.  The doc laughed about the head.  My husband was a big baby and had a big head so my son is technically following in daddy's shoes so I don't know what to think. The peri offered me NO information other than maybe it's a later onset of gestational diabetes.  I passed my one-hour glucose several weeks ago with no problems.  

I have another u/s scheduled in 4 weeks.  Other than that, nothing is being done.  Is this because there is nothing to worry about?  Of course it's Friday, and the peri isn't in the office for me to ask my follow up questions.  That's why I'm posting here.  I also left a message with my reg OB in hopes of heading into the weekend with more answers and hopefully a peace of mind.  

The peri didn't seemed concerned about anything other than not eating "condensed sugars" such as candy, juice, soda, etc.  She only provided that info b/c I asked her if there is anything that I can do NOW to prevent complications. 

Am I creating a sense of urgency that doesn't exist? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml