3rd Trimester

OB committing insurance fraud? Worried!!

Or at least I think this is the situation after all that has happened.

I am looking for a new OB in Miami because I have not seen my current OB since early December. He has a scheduling dept that was supposed to schedule all of my routine visits for the rest of my pregnancy. I met with this woman in Dec and she discussed the basics with me: what time of day would I prefer to come in, and would week days or weekends work best, am I planning to be out of town, etc. After our consult she said she would put together my appt calendar and mail it to me, along with an email version.

Well, January came and I got a notice by mail that I had missed a scheduled appt. ?? Huh? So I called and was able to leave a detailed message. No reply. Another message, no reply. Had 2 A/S at another office. No appt with my OB to go over results. No appt with OB to discuss the blood panel results (I had to have lots of special testing due to some health concerns, genetics, etc).

I called more times and left more messages, with no response. I have continued to receive notices by mail that I am missing appts. I have called my OB directly and left him messages but never get a response from him, or from the scheduling dept. In the meantime I am being notified by my insurance that all appts are being paid for. SO he is collecting from my insurance without even seeing me and refusing to respond to my attempts at contact. 

We have decide to go over to the office tomorrow as soon as it opens. I would have gone sooner, but I do not drive and SO is swamped with work as this is their busy season.

I am really frustrated by all of this, not to mention worried about legal implications. I do not want to jump the gun and report fraud before knowing all the facts. However, the circumstances are suspicious enough for me to start looking for a new OB. No matter what the outcome, I am not staying with this one.

I feel so much better venting this!