Pregnant after IF

So much for waiting, we are team...

If you saw my earlier post about my MaterniT21 results, I was planning on waiting until Sunday to learn the sex, and was going to let DH know, so we can order a cake for my 40th birthday lunch with my girlfriends this Sunday.

So, I went to the MFM to get my sealed results, and wouldn't you know, the envelope wasn't sealed.  So, I innocently try to just ready the details of the Trisomy results (which I already knew were negative), and I caught a glimpse of something about Y chromosome, and then I had to look. 

Long story short, it' a boy!  Last time I wanted a boy, and this time I wanted a girl (now that I've got this baby girl thing figured out).  I got the opposite both times.  I've been blessed and thrilled to have such a wonderful child in DD, here's hoping the same will be true of DS.  I did used to say I wanted one of each, and wanted the girl first, so I'm ultimately getting what I asked for.

I'm glad I have a few days to wrap my head around this news, since I'm not letting DH know until Sunday now, LOL.  I know he wanted another girl, but I think once DS is here, he'll be glad to have a boy.  He did mention it'll be nice to have someone to do his limited guy stuff with, and even though our last name is literally one of the most common in the U.S., I think part of him will be pleased to have someone to carry on the name.

10/10: Married DH; 5/11: Dx: Blocked Fallopian Tube; 7/11: D&C/Hysteroscopy to remove polyp
IVF #1: 9/11: ER: 12R, 11M, 10F, No Frosties; 5dt: 2 blasts, 1 morula; DD born 6/3/12
IVF #2: 11/12-12/12: ER: 20R, 20M, 16F, 4 Frosties; 5dt: 3 blasts, EDD: 8/23/13
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker