August 2013 Moms

No nails!?!??

So I was suprised a few days ago when the midwife told me absolutly not to go to nail salons while pregnant. I've done a lot of reading on dangerous products, etc and had always found getting a mani and pedi are ok under certain conditions.
1. The polish needs to be safe. The chemical slips my mind at the moment but just make sure it doesnt have it, and most don't anyway
2. Acrylic nails are a huge no no due to the chemicals and filing, which I don't do anyway.
3. Go during non super busy hours so the smell is not so strong and sit in a well ventilated space

Before anyone flies off the handle about listen to the dr as gospel, I feel some scenarios are more of a suggestion than concrete rules. Examples, glass of wine, highlights for hair, etc. those all depend on your comfort level as there is no scientific evidence on them.
Ill also note that I don't particularly like the OB practice we go to. They tend to rush through questions with scripted answers. Our situation dictated this office due to the hospital we are delivering in, insurance, and who they use for bloodwork...again insurance. That's a whole other post though.

Just wanted to see how you all felt about getting a mani/pedi? I think all my friends who were prego went. What has your dr said or what have you read? Just looking for another perspective, I know you ladies are good for those! Lol

Ps excuse typos, Mobil bmbing
imageimagePregnancy Ticker