3rd Trimester

PLEASE HELP!

Hi mommies, mommytobe's! I need your help. I am almost 20 weeks pregnant with twins and have a rash covering my chest, back, entire abdomen and its slowly spreading to my arms. It's terrible itching at night I can't even sleep I scratch myself raw while sleeping. They look like little bug bites and are unbearably uncomfortable!
I googled this, and it seems I may have PUPPS which is where your body basically reacts to your fetus's extreme cell growth. My OB prescribed a medril steroid pack but the pharmacist recommended me try something else since there's been studies that show cleft palate, stillbirth, etc from oral steroids.
I've tried any and every cream and nothing works. On many forums I've come across dandelion root being their savior.
Has anyone experienced this rash this early?? Most are about to deliver and are induced because they are so uncomfortable. I can't imagine having this for the remainder of my pregnancy.
Please HELP!! Any suggestions, thoughts on dandelion root tablets, anything!! Thanks.
B