3rd Trimester

Induction during 39th week?

After my growth ultrasound Tuesday, the doctor I saw (who is not my regular doctor) said that baby girl is full-term and my March 7th due date is more than likely wrong.  She's already weighing in at 8.5lbs.  Normally, the doctors never schedule an induction before 40 weeks, however the doctor on Tuesday said that they may make an exception since she's already so big and I have a rather narrow pelvis. Even with an early induction, there is a risk that she may be too big for me to deliver, and I may need a c-seciton.  We couldn't confirm anything because my regular doctor was out ouf town.  I'm going to see her next Wednesday.  I'm just nervous because I was hoping to go into labor on my own. Plus, I've heard that inductions can lead to longer labors and I don't want to be in labor for 16 hrs and then have to have a c-section anyway (which is the story that the ultrasound tech tod me about her daughter-in-law who "was in my exact situation"). I'm so ready for baby girl to be here, and I was told it could be any day, but now I'm getting nervous.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml