August 2013 Moms

What are you doing celebration wise if this is your second, third...?

I know this topic gets brought up often (but I don't know which bored typically). I can't remember what people say. Just wondering and something to talk about.

I had 2 showers when I was pregnant with my daughter and was told this time around I might have 2 sprinkles. But now my husband is saying he wants to have a gender reveal party. Kinda odd coming from MY husband. lol. I'm not a big fan of being a host. I always feel awkward and not sure how to transition from one activity to another so i'm not sure I could handle it. I feel like an idiot with my daughter's first birthday. lol. Anyways, he wants to do that but i'm worried it's just too much. Although my family loves get-togethers, our due date is August, our daughter's birthday is also in August, and then the sprinkles (although half will go to one and half will go to the other) and then a gender reveal party. Does it seem like too much too close together? I mean I guess the sprinkles will be a few months before due date and the reveal could be as soon as we find out but does it seem like we're dragging it all out? We would put "please no gifts" on the reveal invitations.

Another question. The reason for 2 sprinkles/showers is one is thrown by my mom and the other by my step mom. Divorced parents that both remarried and feel awkward and don't like being at parties together. I told them if they wanted to be with our children at birthday parties they had to suck it up. My mom actually asked if we could just throw my daughter a second 1st birthday party at her house. Really? No. So they all did okay with that but what about the reveal party? Should I do the same thing? Like "if you want to know the gender when everyone else does and be involved in the party you have to come to this one because we're only throwing one"? Just recently I was asked "you're not having a joint birthday party for her 2nd birthday are you?" Seriously? I just said I don't want to have to throw 2 parties, pay for 2 parties, or have my child feel spoiled.

So what do you guys think? Reveal party or no? What are y'all doing if you know yet?

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker