August 2013 Moms

Medela Question (BTDT moms please chime in!)

I called my insurance to see if my plan covered an electric double pump and they said yes. They sent me a list of providers and one provider offers 3 different types of Medela pumps.

This sort of came as a surprise to me - as I've only seen the Pump In Style Advanced and the Freestyle at BRU. The options I was given:

-Medela Advanced Personal Double Pump (here's a pic of what it looks like: http://www.sunmedmedical.com/products-main/breast-pumps.html ) This would be totally covered by the insurance company, $0 OOP.

-Medela Pump In Style (Tote or Backpack style) - $58 OOP

-Medela Pump In Style (Metro bag) - $87 OOP

-Medela Freestyle - $125 OOP.

Even paying OOP the pumps are MUCH more affordable than going through BRU or even Amazon.

However, I've never heard of the first option (the free one). Anyone have any experience with this one? Pros? Cons? Would it be worth upgrading to the PISA or even the Freestyle?

I do plan on pumping once I return to work (after 12 weeks) and my company does offer a mothers room for doing so. No real need to pump in the car, or tight spaces, etc. However, a lighter style does seem more attractive - but the rechargeable battery pack concerns me as with other rechargeable products I swear the battery power never lasts quite as long after some time...

Sorry so long and thanks for your help (FTM here!!).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml