North Carolina Babies
Options

Any transports from NJ/NY?

Good evening everyone!  I was hoping to get some advice about relocating to NC with DH and DD in the future.  Currently, we both work in the mortgage industry but I would like to begin my teaching career soon.  We have a 17 month old and are hoping to add another in the near future.

We are growing tired of New Jersey.  Specifically, the cost of living.  We would love to own a home but house prices/taxes are ridiculous here and even with both of us working full-time and having free daycare (grandparents), we still are nowhere near being able to achieve home ownership.  

Also, the state is very crowded and we'd love to relocate to a place that had a nice suburb feel with families in a quieter, less crowded neighborhood.  Good schools are a must and ideally we'd like to be close to a family-oriented downtown area with parks, museums, etc.  So far we've looked into the Charlotte area and outside of it but with so many options, we are hoping to get some firsthand information from people who actually live there.

Does anyone know of an area in NC that might fit the criteria above?  TIA! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker