August 2013 Moms

How biitchy is this?

There is no love lost between me and my coworker. There are a ton of people that I work with, but only one who does what I do. She's been here about half as long as I have, but has more experience. She always tries to show how much more she knows, which is nothing, and how much better slash faster she is, which is not at all. It's obviously a power struggle, and I refuse to engage her. She also has 2 kids, but is younger than me; this is our first pregnancy.

We're not friends outside of work, and we very obviously have very different personalities, lifestyles, attitudes, priorities, etc. We get along fine at work, it's not an unpleasant atmosphere or anything, but we don't pretend to be BFF.

I told me boss last week that I'm pregnant, and she told HR, with my ok. I told her I'm not ready to tell people yet, and she said that's absolutely fine. She did ask me to let her know when I do, so that she knows how to respond, which I agreed to do. I have told a very limited number of people, all that I am friends with outside of work, and they all know I'm not telling the masses yet.

Would it be really biitchy if I don't tell my coworker? Based on past conversations, I know she'll be just full of advice and things I HAVE to do, most of which I know I'm not interested in doing or hearing about. It's pretty obvious already in my normal clothes, but not yet in my scrubs. Because our schedules are staggered a bit, she doesn't really see me not in scrubs.

Tell it to me straight.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml