August 2013 Moms

Vent, Please Join In

Can I vent for just a second. I know I am pregnant people are going to say stuff, however, I just want to shake some people. I told a co-worker I was pregnant. We were cool and we talk every blue moon we still work for the same agency just different departments. She was super excited congratulation etc. Then she says, ?Are you READY? Or at least getting prepared mentally? I know you have your nephew (DH and I adopted our nephew a few years ago) this is different this is your ?real? child. Ok please tell me what DN is, no he is not ?mine? I did not have him but I raise him like my own. Yes, he knows who his Mom is; however, he refers to DH and me as his Parents.

Therefore, adopted parents cannot treat adopted children and biological children the same. I would never treat DN less than my own. I grew up in a blended family and my Daddy (step-dad) always treats me like his own. ALWAYS!!! I have a step-mom, I call her Mama, and we talk all the time. She treats me like she treats her children. I know the importance of not treating bio and non-bio children different.  

The second that chops my hind is when people ask was this plan??? WTF, I am sorry trust me I understand ?things? happen, but DH and I are 28 years old we are pretty sure how to prevent pregnancy. Of course things happen but we are stabled house, great jobs, and been married for almost 4 years. Why can?t people just say Congrats, why the first thing they say is ?Was this planned?? Then when we say yes they look at us all surprise, one even said, ?You planned your baby.? Vent over, please feel to join in, this could be all hormones and all I know more is to come because people do not have filters when it comes to pregnant women. Just wanted to get it out.