3rd Trimester

cervix soft, not dilated or thinned

Ok so at my drs appt yesterday he told me that my cervix was soft but not yet dilated (at all!) or thinned/effaced. I guess its an improvement from the week before because it was hard then but it still doesnt make me feel any better. He said the baby is still very high and thats probably why im not dilated at all.. I really want him to be a vaginal baby and they have given me the option of induction if my cervix would just get favorable (atleast 2cm and effaced some). Anyone else had this and then went into labor soon after on their own? They are doing another growth ultrasound next week and if I am still not progressing they are going to discuss a c section because he is so large (already over 9lbs approx) and I am small & only 4'11 so they think he may not fit. Any tips to becoming dilated or thinned? Ive been taking evening primrose oil but thats just supposed to soften the cervix which id like to think it helped in that and ive also been drinking red raspberry leaf tea. I have had sex with my husband but honestly im swollen and its painful. I think I'm going to start walking even though my hips and back hurt horribly because I've heard that helps.. any other suggestions would be much appreciated because I am miserable and I want this little man out ASAP!!!!!! Sorry for the rambling :D
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml