3rd Trimester

Would you go? (car trip)

I'll be almost 38 weeks pregnant this weekend ... my cousin just had her baby this week and invited us to visit this Saturday to meet him.  She's more than a cousin to me, we're very close..and she's married to DH's best friend.  I was hoping she'd have the baby early, but ended up being overdue..  My doctor gave me orders not to travel beyond an hour one way after 36 weeks...this trip would be at least 2 hours one way.  We would return the same day.  And I'm sure I'd be super uncomfortable too!  Yes there are hospitals near where we'd be traveling, but at the same time being that this is my first baby I'm nervous as heck and would prefer to not be away from home for this!  I doubt I'd go into labor, but most people that go early don't expect to!!  Worst case scenario is I go into labor and have the baby there, which wouldn't be so bad...but then having to travel back with a newborn might be a bit stressful.  I just bet I'll go past my due date too and then I'll be kicking myself.  Oh and I'm not high risk at all, it's just that my dr feels since I could have the baby at any point now she'd rather have me stay close.    Thanks in advance.