August 2013 Moms

NBR: Sad Wednesday, glad it is over!

I am so glad it is Thursday and yesterday is over!

A friend of mine at work just found out she was pregnant last week and on Tuesday she started spotting and by yesterday morning it was heavier. She called her doc and she went in. They found out she was having a m/c. So that was sad enough to begin with.

My brother called me around 6:30 last night and sounded really down. Our dad is an alcoholic so I thought maybe something happened to him and he was calling to tell me. NOPE, his brother in law (who is only 1 year older than me) committed suicide yesterday. I was totally blindsided by the news.  I have known him for 11 years and we were not incredibly close but close enough. We talked on FB and he was just a really good person. I am so shocked and saddened by the news and my heart is still pounding from hearing about it. I just cannot even believe it. I feel SO sad for my sister in law. My brother has 4 kids and one on the way (due 6 days after me) and my nephew is about to turn 7. He was so close to his uncle and is going to be devastated when he finds out he died.  It is his birthday party with our family this weekend so they want to have the party and tell him next week. They were supposed to have a party with her family next weekend so that one will be cancelled. I just cannot even process all of it. I have gotten nothing done at work today. I keep just thinking about him and looking at pictures of him on FB. I just cannot believe he is gone.

So, needless to say, I am hoping for a better Thursday!

Sorry this is so all over the place and a sad subject. I just had to get it off my chest.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml