Breastfeeding

2.5 mo old waking up more at night to nurse

DS is 2.5 months; 11.5 weeks.  I EBF and nurse on demand.

When he was 9w & 10w, for almost 2 weeks straight he was sleeping 5,6 and even 7 hour stretches at night, every single night.  That means he was only waking up once to nurse MOTN.  

then 11 wk came along and BAM! he suddenly went from 7-hr stretches to waking up every 3 hours, so we're up 3 times a night instead of once!  DH usually gets up to try to soothe him, but DS continues to whimper/cry until I nurse him.  This has been going on for the past 4 nights and we are DEAD TIRED! 

I have been nursing DS one side per feed since he was 6w b/c of oversupply.  I tried offering him both sides last night but it didn't seem to make a difference.

During the day, DS seems to be nursing about the same as usual.  He isn't fussy either.  

Is this his early 3-month growth spurt?  If so, I'm wondering why he isn't nursing more during the day?  Or is it something else?  We can deal with this 3x/night feedings if it's just a phase and will end soon.  Any suggestions what I can do to make him go longer at nights?  DH & I have been so spoiled by those 6, 7-hr stretches of sleep!!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml