Breastfeeding

"we all cried"

I read a post when DS2 was about 4 weeks old on this board titled "we all cried" and I have no idea who posted it, but it hit home at the exact time I needed support.  DS2 and I struggled through jaundice, oversupply and overactive let down, reflux, milk and soy protein intolerance, pumping, and nipple shields and some severe latching issues (among other things).  Needless to say, our first month was ROUGH.

Everyone said it would get easier, blah blah blah, but I couldnt imagine how it would ever be easy.  I saw an LC 3 times, went to LLLI meetings, called tip lines, etc.  I was almost going to give up entirely on BFing.  But then I read that message, and the gist was that BFing is difficult for many, and that it was worth the initial struggle.

I am SO glad I read that post.  It gave me the enocuragement I needed to keep trying.  DS2 is thriving now and our BFing relationship couldnt be better.  BFing has allowed me to read him in a way I never knew was possible.  I feel such a close bond with my baby and I KNOW its from BFing.  

So the point of this post is two fold.  One, to thank the person who posted this messagne, and two, to encourage those who think their situation is impossible!   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml