August 2013 Moms

Loss...

I need some advice...

My cousin, who is close in age, just lost her sweet baby boy at 32 weeks. She had previously misscarried once early on from a car accident, prior to becomming pregnant with this LO, and this LO would have been her first. She is young 22 My DH and I found out we were pregnant a week before she lost her stillborn son. We attended the funeral, and have since only told my grandmother as far as extended family that we are expecting as we have wanted to be as sensitive and supportive as possible. We are now 12 almost 13 weeks pregnant, and anxious to announce our exciting news, however I'm struggling knowing how and when it is appropriate knowing it will affect my cousin. Their actual due date was just yesterday, and I know they are still struggling. I also am concerned that tip toeing around their feelings may also be upsetting to them. i can imagine it would be hard feeling like people are now treating you differently. I'm just not sure how to handle the situation. I feel like it will never be a good time, or long enough to announce when it won't be painful for them...and having never experienced this type of loss, I don't know what to do...I care about her so much, and want to find joy in our news as this is our first as well, but my heart aches for her...anyone have any thoughts. Sorry this post was so long...