Breastfeeding

A bunch of random questions...

1) I'm pumping with a PISA, into 5oz medela bottles.  I pumped 5oz out of one side for the first time yesterday.  What happens if I'm not paying attention one day and the milk reaches the level of the valve/membrane?  Does milk get sucked into the motor that way?

2) I've been pumping 20 minutes each time, but should I keep doing that at work?  If I pump enough for her to eat, should I just stop as long as it's more than 10 minutes?  

3) When I was in labor & delivery, the LC gave me a bag of pump parts to use with the hospital pumps (because I work in the hospital and apparently there are pumps in some of the lactation rooms?)... anyways, the parts are for medela symphony and lactina.  The tubes have these weird circle things on the end, but the other end that hooks to the pump parts is the same.  Soooo can I just take a scissors and cut the weird part off?  And use those tubes on my PISA?

4) How much milk did you send on the first day of daycare?  She'll be there from roughly 7am-4pm daily.  I'm thinking 6 or 7 bottles (2 oz each) and maybe 2 or 3 1 oz bottles just for a buffer?  Right now she eats about every 1.5 hours, but she only gets one bottle a day from DH in the evening (2 oz, sometimes an extra half oz if she's really fussing).  I don't know if daycare will allow breastmilk in the freezer... I have to call today and I'm going to ask about that, but just curious.

Thanks ladies!  I'm sure I'll have more random questions soon, as I head back to work in 12 days! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic